Power bank disaster, house catches fire in kileleshwa

A lavish house in Kileleshwa reportedly caught fire after the power bank ‘exploded’ causing a fire on Wednesday as it was getting charged.

The firefighters took more than an hour to contain the blaze that began at 3am in the top floor of the house

“The house owner’s son had left his power bank charging and it set fire to curtains. We tried to fight the fire but it got out of control,” said a neighbour.

Power banks use the same lithium-ion cells found in smartphones and have also been known to explode.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *