two brothers who were allegedly arrested by police past curfew hours were found dead .

A state of sombre mood has engulfed a family in Embu North after two brothers who were allegedly arrested by police past curfew hours were found dead . Benson Njiru, 22 and Emanuel Mutura, 19 students at Don Bosco technical Institute and Moi Kabarak University respectively were arrested by police officers from Manyatta on Sunday for flouting covid 19 protocols however on Tuesday their bodies were found at Embu level five hospital mortuary.

Felix Thiga, Uncle to the deceased, said that the two were selling pig’s meat at Kianjokoma trading centre when they were arrested and had over Ksh 10, 000 from the sale.

However after the arrest, which happened less than one kilometer from their home, it is reported their bodies were collected at Kibugu trading centre, 30 kilometres away.

Thiga further added that when they realized the boys were missing the following day they went to Manyatta police station to enquire about them however there was no report concerning them.

However, according to their Uncle, they were informed that police officers from Runyenjes had collected two bodies which were at Embu level five hospital mortuary.

He blamed the police from Manyatta for going round in circles over the matter, an indication that there is something they are hiding from the family, noting that the money and the phones from the boys were missing.

Susan Wangari, a former area MCA, said they are frustrated by the actions of the police calling for thorough investigation into the matter.

Wangari wondered why the police officers were initially reluctant to reveal to the family the deaths of their sons and has tasked IPOA to investigate the matter and bring justice to the family.

Andrew Gichovi, one of those searching for the boys said when they reported at Manyatta police station on Monday there was no report at OB concerning the boys and they should search them elsewhere.

However the following day he noted that from the same police station they were informed that there were two bodies which were taken to the mortuary.

Confirming the incident, Embu North Sub County police Commander, Emily Ngaruiya said the two were arrested on Sunday around midnight after being found beyond curfew hours together with other eight suspects.

Ngaruiya said while the suspects were being escorted to Manyatta police station the two jumped from a fast moving vehicle without the knowledge of police officers only to realize when they were counting the suspects.

However when they went back they found the bodies of the deceased along the road and they were collected and taken to the mortuary.

Ngaruiya however noted that they have opened an inquiry file and investigation surrounding their deaths is going on to find out what caused their deaths.