We have heard a million times that soap is too harsh for our faces. The store cleansers set out to rip off our already strained budgets. So what do we do?
Don’t you despair, we got you! All you need is a bit of time and the things on the list below:
Sugar – 2tbsp
Sea salt – 1tbsp
Honey – 3tbsp
Coconut oil/Olive oil – 6tbsp
Tablespoon for measuring
Teaspoon for mixing
- Put the 2 tbsps. Of sugar and the 1tbsp of sea salt into your mixing bowl and mix the two dry ingredients. These two act as gentle exfoliators
- Next add the 3 tbsps honey, please add all the three for the cleanser not to dry up
- Finally add in your coconut. 6 tablespoons look a bit much but that’s the recommended amount for those with dry skin, for normal to oily skin, 4 tablespoons could be enough.
- Mix all the ingredients with your teaspoon to a thick consistently.
How to use:
- Remove your makeup, or if you did not have any, let’s get right into it
- Apply the cleanser to your face, with a makeup brush or your fingers.
- Gently massage it into the skin with damp cotton wool, for it to get in there and do the cleaning.
- Then rinse it off with some lukewarm water,
- Pat dry your face then moisturise
Voila! You’re good to go. The ingredients are super easy to find and you’ll enjoy making it.
S/o to Joanna Kinuthia for the inspiration.
Try it and comment below on your experience.