A house razed down in a past fire incident. A family in Menyinkwa in Kisii County is mourning the death of their nine-month-old baby who died in a fire tragedy Monday morning.
The baby’s father, Nyachoti Menge, said he was at work when the incident occurred, while the mother had gone to the shop.
Preliminary reports indicate that the fire may have been caused by their three-year-old child who was playing with a lit match stick while the nine-month-old baby was asleep.
According to witnesses, screams were heard from the house moments after the fire broke out with their effort to rescue the baby proving futile.
The incident comes barely two weeks after a similar case at Soko Mjinga in Kisii Town where two children perished.
The children’s mother had locked them in the house and gone to take a bath when the incident occurred.The body of the infant has been taken to Kisii Referral Hospital mortuary.