Melania Trump sues Daily Mail for $150m

Wife to Republican presidential nominee, Melania Trump, is reported to have sued the Daily Mail publisher for mouth-watering $150 million, allegedly for running a “tremendously damaging” article that she says it alleged she once worked at an escort service in the 1990s.

Donald Trump wife filed a lawsuit on Thursday in a Maryland court. According to the suit, the articles about Trump destroyed “her good name and accused her of criminal, immoral conduct.”

“The article published on August 20 discussed whether allegations being made about Melania Trump could negatively affect her husband Donald Trump’s presidential bid,” the Mail said, but added that the report had been misconstrued.

“The article did not intend to state or suggest that these allegations are true, nor did it intend to state or suggest that Mrs. Trump ever worked as an ‘escort’ or in the ‘sex business,’,” it said.

“To the contrary, The Daily Mail newspaper article stated that there was no support for the allegations, and it provided adamant denials from Mrs. Trump’s spokesperson and from Mr. Zampolli.

“The point of the article was that these allegations could impact the U.S. presidential election even if they are untrue.”

Charles Harder, Trump’s lawyer, said in a statement: “These defendants made several statements about Mrs. Trump that are 100% false and tremendously damaging to her personal and professional reputation.”

Leave a Reply