By Tajeu Shadrack Nkapapa
President of the United States, Joe Biden and his critic from the Republican Party Donald Trump agreed to schedule a presidential debate.
The debates are set to take place on June 27 and September 10 aiming to set the momentum for their race for the White House.
President Biden has expressed interest in participating in the debate with Trump, stating on X, “I’ve received and accepted an invitation from CNN for a debate on June 27th. Over to you, Donald. As you said: anywhere, anytime, anyplace.”
CNN, a subsidiary of Warner Bros Discovery (WBD.O), announced that they would host the first presidential debate at their Atlanta studio without a live audience having anchors Jake Tapper and Dana Bash moderating the event.
Additionally, both candidates accepted an invitation from ABC DIS.N which is scheduled to host their second debate on 10th September.
“I’ve also received and accepted an invitation to a debate hosted by ABC on Tuesday, September 10th. Trump says he’ll arrange his own transportation. I’ll bring my plane, too. I plan on keeping it for another four years,” wrote the US President on X.
Despite their willingness to engage in the debates, significant differences persist between the two parties regarding the terms of engagement.
President Joe has advocated for strict regulations to minimize interruptions, whereas Trump advocated for more than two debates and a considerably large venue to enhance excitement.
“Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020, and since then he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again,” challenged Biden.
“Well, make my day, pal. I will even do it twice. So let’s pick the dates, Donald. I hear you’re always free on Wednesdays,” added the President.