Auditor-General Edward Ouko will wait to know his fate on Monday 13th following a case he is facing in court of law.
Ouko overruled his junior and signed payment voucher for an irregular Sh100-million contract, EACC Deputy CEO Michael Mubea has told MPs.
When he appeared before the National Assembly’s Finance, Trade and Planning committee on Thursday 9th, Mr Mubea said that Mr Ouko signed the contract for the procurement of an Audit Vault software.
The committee chaired by Ainamoi MP Benjamin Langat is considering the petition for the removal of Mr Ouko.
EACC asked Mr Tobiko to charge Mr Ouko with abuse of office and failure to comply with procurement laws.
But Mr Tobiko rejected the charges, effectively clearing Mr Ouko amid complaints to the press beforehand that he had been under considerable pressure from people he did not name to charge Mr Ouko.
Ouko is seeking to stop the National Assembly from hearing a petition seeking his ouster.
The court will determine whether the recommendations of the House’s committee on Trade, Finance and Planning will be forwarded to the President or not.