Shot CORD Protesters narrate Shocking Ordeals

Narration has been carried out by the Cord protesters who were shot during anti-IEBC demonstrations on Monday on what transpired between them and the officers leading to loss of lives and several injuries.

Speaking from hospital beds in different locations, the protesters argued that they had been hit by police bullets while conducting personal businesses while one shockingly claimed to have been teargassed inside a house.

In Siaya, two of the demonstrators nursing injuries in hospital said that police officers fired lived bullets at them when they were peacefully protesting after exhausting their teargas.

In Homabay, four women claimed to have been shot when they were relaxing outside their homes in Shauri Yako estate while another one was being treated for trauma caused by tear gas canister lobbed inside her house.

Felix Oduor and Fidelis Opiyo said they were hit on the stomach and chest but promised to be back in the streets on Monday if the electoral body’s commissioner will not have quit.

“If I will be feeling better on Monday, I will still go to the streets. Cord leader Raila Odinga has fought for us for many years; it is now our turn to do the same,” vowed Opiyo.

Crispin Okoth, a supermarket staffer said that he was coming from lunch break when he was shot in the chest while a hawker reported to have been caught up in the mayhem while operating his business.

A bodaboda operator also claimed to have taken a customer to Siaya ton when he was also hit on the chest while a jua kali worker is nursing abdomen wounds after falling under a gun shot.

Meanwhile, 11 police officers who were injured in the melee were airlifted to Nairobi for treatment with the authorities declaring that they would not apologize for use of force to disperse violent demonstrators.