The Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company has restored water supply after completion of repairs and maintenance work. The supply resumed on Friday after a 24-hour shutdown to allow for repairs of the main pipeline feeding the Ngethu water treatment plant from the Ndakaini Dam.
“We take this opportunity to thank the affected residents for their cooperation and understanding during the shutdown,” head of corporate affairs Mbaruku Vyakweli said in a statement yesterday.
Managing director Philip Gichuki last week said the company was forced to carry out repairs after leakages were reported in three different places.
The city has been experiencing water shortages due to prolonged drought in the Mt Kenya and Aberdare regions, the main water catchment areas that supply the city.
Residents have been receiving water between two and three days a week. Other residents have, however, complained they go for days without water.